Richmond Auto Transport
This contract is solely between the customer and any duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) and Richmond Auto Transport, (hereinafter referred to as “Company”). These Terms and Conditions shall be incorporated in any order submitted to the Company by the Client(s) set forth in the Order Form.
The Company is fully licensed. The Client recognizes and agrees that the Company is hereby authorized to arrange loading and shipment from the origin point to its destination as it is stated on the Customer Order Form.
The Client complies and fully understands that the Company is registered as a transportation property broker. Hence the Company acts uniquely in a broker capacity. The Client permits the Company to undertake the services of third parties, such as licensed and properly insured Motor Carrier(s), (hereinafter referred to as “Carrier”), to ship the vehicle(s) determined by the Shipping Order.
1. The Client maintains the right to cancel any Shipping Order up until 24 hours in advance of the accorded pick-up date at NO EXTRA COST.
2. If Client chooses to revoke the Shipping Order, the Client must get in touch with the Company or their assigned coordinator either through email or phone. And the Client must do so, as soon as possible. Any cancellation after the reglementary 24 hours, will be charged the deposit as a late cancellation fee.
Pickup and Delivery
3. A Carrier will pick up and deliver the accorded Vehicle as close to the Client’s requested location, as it is safely and legally possible to do so. However, all parties must agree on a particular location to load and/or unload the vehicle(s) if unsafe conditions are presented at the original point of drop off. Including, but not limited to low-hanging branches, trees, or electric wires, as well as streets that might be too narrow. If the drop-off location violates any legal conditions, such as residential area restrictions, another place to unload the vehicle(s) might need to be arranged.
4. The Company shall provide the Client with an approximate pickup and delivery date. However, unforeseen conditions like inclement weather, impaired roads, or possible mechanical issues, may cause delays before, and/or during transport.
The Client understands that there are no absolute guarantees in regard to pick-up or delivery schedules and/or dates.
5. The Company will not be held responsible for loss or damage due to a delay of any kind, or for any reason. This includes but is not limited to rental car fees and accommodations. In addition, the Company will not be liable for any possible mechanical failure or issues with any operating part of the Client’s vehicle.
6. Carriers are licensed and accredited to ship or transport the Client’s vehicle between the pick-up and destination locations as it is stated on the Bill of Lading and the Company’s Shipping Order.
Preparations for Transport
7. The Client is solely responsible for getting his/her vehicle ready for transportation. Loose or hanging parts must be removed or properly secured. This includes low hanging spoilers and any delicate accessory or fragile decorations. The Client must also remove all non-permanent storage mounted outside the vehicle and any racks before the accorded shipment date.
8. All Vehicles must be in acceptable running condition before handing it over to the Carrier. This is unless it has been previously noted and conferred with the Company. In the event that any part of the vehicle falls off during the transport process, it is exclusively the Client’s responsibility, including any possible damage provoked by said part to any other vehicle(s) and/or person(s) affected.
9. The Client is in charge of disabling any and all alarm systems in the vehicle. If Client is incapable of performing such task, then Client must give the Carrier the proper instructions to do so. In the event that the alarm goes off and the Client has not given proper instructions or keys to turn it off, the Carrier will silence said alarm by any means necessary.
10. Baggage, suitcases, and any other personal items can be transported inside the vehicle. Nonetheless, if the weight of the belongings surpasses 100 lbs, the Client must discuss the transportation of his/her items personally with the Carrier in charge of the vehicle. Neither the Company nor Carrier will be held accountable for any personal belongings left inside the vehicle. Additionally, if improper or excessive loading leads to damages to the vehicle, the Company or Carrier will not be held liable.
11. The Carrier will not ship in the Client’s vehicle any objects, materials or personal items that might be considered hazardous. Including, but not limited to the following: guns, flammable products, explosives, alcoholic beverages, ammunition, negotiable or legal papers, furs, money, jewelry, narcotics, live pets and/or plants, and anything else that could be considered dangerous or illegal.
12. The Client understand that both the Company and the Carrier are entitled to get rid of any items that might qualify as hazardous, as stated in the previous point. If this happens, the Client is not entitled to any compensation for the lost items. Furthermore, the Company and the Carrier will not be held accountable for any personal property that is not delivered successfully. If the Client chooses to place his/her belongings in the vehicle to be transported, it is exclusively at the Client’s own responsibility and risk.
13. The Company offers vehicle shipping to Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii. These shipments are feasible using ships. In any and all orders that might require Ocean Transport, the vehicle(s) must be fully cleared of any items, with the exception of factory-installed accessories. The Client may get in touch with our ocean shipping specialist to speak about this directly.
14. In case the auto is considered oversized or inoperable, the Client should ask about extra fees or charges that might incur. This could be given, for example, in wheels that are considered oversized or dual, extra-large autos, limos, racks, and many more.
15. The Client acknowledges that the Company keeps the right to refuse, deny, or cancel any shipping order at their sole discretion.
Damages and Inspections
16. At pick-up, both the Carrier and Client will thoroughly examine the vehicle for any pre-existing exterior damage. After, they must complete an inspection report, which, then, will be documented on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Client must agree on the designated condition of the vehicle. Once this is completed, the Client has to sign the Bill of Lading. The Client will be issued a copy of said Bill.
17. When the vehicle is delivered, the Client must thoroughly inspect his/her vehicle again. The Client shall be the one to check for any possible new damage that might have taken place during the shipping process. This task must be fulfilled with the Carrier present. Once again, both the Carrier and the Client must reach an agreement on the state of the vehicle. After the transaction has been completed, the Client will be asked to sign again on the Bill of Lading. The Client shall also receive a copy of the final statement expressed in the Bill of Lading.
18. Any and all damages have to be specified on the Bill of Lading in its properly assigned field. Afterwards, the Client must sign said document. In the event that the Client signs both the inspection report and the Bill of Lading acknowledging the lack of damage to the vehicle, the Client is in doing so confirming and admitting that they are satisfied with the condition of their vehicle after shipping. This also certifies that the Carrier is no longer liable or accountable for anything related to that particular auto.
19. By endorsing the Bill of Lading, the Company delegates all liability to the accredited Carrier. Said Carrier is legally obligated to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy that is in order and complies with the law. The Company will facilitate the Client, upon request, all the necessary policy details and requirements in relation to the Carrier’s insurance. Nonetheless, the Client acknowledges that the Company will not be held responsible if any personal assets sustain deterioration or if the vehicle is claimed to have been damaged during shipping.
20. The Client also acknowledges and allows the Company to be uniquely responsible for acquiring a shipping Carrier to transport the Client’s assets. Hence, the Client understands that it is the Carrier’s responsibility to make sure every necessary document, including the Bill of Lading, is signed by the Client after pre-inspection of the vehicle is completed. The Carrier will not be held accountable after the vehicle has been properly delivered and the Bill of Lading has been properly signed by the Client once the final inspection has been made.
21. Neither the Carrier nor the Company will be held liable if any of the Client’s vehicle or property gets damaged by the forces of nature, such as a storm or hail. They also will not be responsible for damages caused by broken or worn-out vehicle parts, or any annexed personal property.
22. In the event that the Client is not available to attend the designated points of pick-up and drop-off, they must enlist another person to represent them. The Client acknowledges and consents that all the previous terms and conditions will apply to such representative in the exact same manner as if it was himself/herself.
Deposits and Payments
23. After a Carrier has been designated or attached to a particular shipping order, the Company will be in charge of notifying the Client. The Company shall provide the Client with all necessary contact instructions all through the booking process.
24. From every order placed by the Company, a part of the payment must be credited upon pick-up. This deposit will be assessed by taking various factors into consideration such as the type of truck, trailer, or other method of transportation for the auto shipment; as well as the kind and condition of the vehicle; and the locations designated for both pick-up and drop-off.
25. It must be noted that the Company’s services is considered complete after a Carrier is attached to a given order and begins to travel to the pick-up destination. The deposit that has been debited upon pick-up counts as payment for the already-performed services. Said deposit will not be refundable. When the Client accepts the order form, he/she is authorizing the Company to charge the non-refundable installment. All other payments that remain shall be paid to the Carrier, and only at the time of the vehicle’s delivery.
26. The Client agrees to fully pay the transportation price concurred by both the Company and Carrier. The Client also agrees not to contest said payment due to possible delays, damage claims, or any other unexpected happenings. If the Client has any issues in relation to these matters, he/she must address it in the proper field on the Bill of Lading, and afterwards file a proper claim with the mandatory insurance of the Carrier. This matter will be separate from any transportation fees or payments.
27. The responsibility to present the payment in its totality after the Carrier delivers the vehicle is solely the Client’s. Payments to all Carriers must be made in either cash, money order, or a cashier’s check. If the Client intends to make payment with a credit or debit card, business checks, or any other form of payment, this should be discussed with the Carrier in advance, and both parties must reach an agreement on the matter. Personal checks are not a valid form of payment for this service and therefore will not be accepted. Moreover, all certified funds shouldn’t be made payable to the Company but to the assigned Carrier.
28. Also, the Client accepts that in case the full payment cannot be delivered through any of these methods, his/her vehicle shall be stored until the Client presents all the owed shipping fees and charges. Any necessary storage services will be at the Client’s expense. Furthermore, if the Client is not present and cannot accept the vehicle at delivery, no matter the reason, said vehicle shall be place in storage as well. Afterwards, any and all charges or fees derived from the vehicle’s storage and/or re-delivery will be the Client’s direct and exclusive responsibility.
29. The Company is freed from any alleged or substantial prosecution, demands, claims, liability, loss, injuries, and/or damages to either personal property or physical persons. Whether it is served by an individual or another entity, and appointed by a court of law or by the administrative power of any state, local, or federal agency, as a product of any negligence, omissions, exclusions, actions, or deliberate malpractice of the Carrier or the Company (or any employees, representatives, or connected parties in any other way).
30. The compensation consists of, with no limitation, the payment of any fines, lawyer fees, penalties, or any other pertinent costs to the Company for all possible legal costs and any other expenses provoked by it.
31. These Terms and Conditions apply to any shipment or transportation booked by the Client and through the Company. The terms expressed in the Bill of Lading shall also apply. All previously spoken or written communications amidst the Client and the Company are hereby superseded by these terms. Once the Client hires the services of the Company, he/she is therefore complying and agreeing to all the above-shown terms. The Client guarantees that he/she has read and fully understands all the information in this agreement in its entirety.
With the order of this contract, the Client acknowledges and accedes to all of these terms. Furthermore, the Client declines to file any claims or demands based on the results of not reading or misunderstanding these terms and conditions. Therefore, the Client will not hold the Company liable for any possible fees or expenses derived from the failure to read, understand, and have familiarity with the terms and conditions depicted here.